Friday, May 8, 2015

Picturesque Prague

So Guys! I visited Prague recently in Easter with a few friends...Man! We had fun!

Prague for me was all about new experiences...The food, the stay, the drinks and the places I visited...

So I took a Bus from Nuremberg to Prague and I was in a different country by Bus in 3 hours..How cool is that?! I wouldn't even be in another State in 3 hours when in India! I had booked a Student Hostel for my stay and was a little apprehensive about how it would be with regards to hygiene and safety...But it turned out to be pretty cool with big clean bathrooms, cleans beds and a nice breakfast everyday. I stayed at the "Hostel Florenc" http://www.hostelflorenc.cz/?lan=en and would definitely recommend this Hostel to you guys. It's not so far away from the city centre and in a very good condition and not costly either.

I took the free walking tour by "Sandyman" on the first day and the tour guide showed us almost all the historic places of Prague except the Charles Bridge and the Prague Castle. The walking tour was quite good but not as good as the one I took in Berlin..We were shown the Old Town Square, the Astronomical Clock, the Paris Street and the Church near the Old Town Square but I would still recommend the walking tour as , Number 1 - it's free! So it's perfect for students and Number 2 - it's the only way you actually get to know the city as the guides tell you a lot of things you wouldn't get to know by yourself. The tour guide also suggested some bars and restaurants to us and they turned out to actually being as good as claimed. I would highly recommend this Uptown Bar that we accidentally entered in: 
http://www.potrefena-husa.eu/en - Good food, good cocktails, good beer and very friendly staff :)


One important thing to know in Prague if you are on a budget trip is that the restaurants close to the Old Town Square are way costlier than the ones a little farther away..So be ready to walk the extra mile if you wanna save those extra bucks :)

The street food at the Old Town Square was lip-smacking! The sweet cinnamon roll (Trdelnik), the curly potato fries (forgot the authentic name) and the "Langos" - this heavenly flatbread topped with garlic, cheese and tomato sauce were all to die for! I felt like my taste-buds have become active again when I was in Prague ;)

The second day I visited the Prague Castle which is on top of a hill once you cross the Charles Bridge. Nothing can beat the view from the Charles Bridge and from the various watch towers of the Castle. You got to keep a day aside to visit the Castle as its one of the biggest in the world by area! We also paid a few Krona to go up the watch tower and see the view from there..It was money worth spent as it was one of the most picturesque views I have seen till now! The street musicians also wowed me! You have to stop walking and listen to these bands play.. They are incredible!

For me Prague was all about getting drunk, wandering through the streets at night with my best friends, acting crazy and eating! I would definitely recommend you guys to visit Prague and enjoy the view that the city has to offer and ofcourse the food! Here are some of my favourite clicks




No comments:

Post a Comment